Statistics of the Month
- In a study of persons with disabilities who are self-employed,
the following are the reasons provided for the choice of self employment:
- Wanted to work for myself":56%
- Identified need for product/service: 48%
- Wanted to make more money: 46%
- Wanted to own a business: 46%
- Needed to create own job: 44%
- To accommodate a disability (i.e. flexible hours and/or working conditions): 43%
- Other jobs unavailable: 15%
- People with disabilities have a
combined income of more than $1 trillion with $220 billion in discretionary income.
In comparison, the teen market controls $140 billion.
- Of those with disabilities who are unemployed, 73% would prefer to be working.
- Persons with disabilities are nearly twice as likely as others to choose self-employment.
Home | About the Chamber |
Surveys | Join the Chamber | Members
| Links & Resources | Programs
& Services | News & Events |
Contact Us |
Service and Use Agreement